Office Manager & Senior Bookkeeper
Dear Hiring Manager,
I am writing to express my interest in any Accounting Opportunities. I have been affected by the mandates and if I don’t secure a full-time accounting job I will face deportation due to my work visa being invalid without full-time employment. I am also qualified to apply for residency but without employment, it is not possible. I have sold everything and moved to New Zealand looking for a better future for myself and my children and have been in New Zealand for two years now. There is nothing left for me back in SA and it would be devastating to go back.
With more than 13 years of experience as a registered Senior Bookkeeper, I have gained a well-rounded skill set and am versed in accounts payable and receivable, trial balance reconciliations, supplier administration, and management accounting tasks and I have previous experience in an Accounts role. I am a highly organised & detail-focused Bookkeeper & Accounts Technician with a demonstrated history of accurately & efficiently supporting overall accounting activities and extensively computer literate. I can work independently or collaboratively within a team & I have strong people & communication skills.
I am proficient in Microsoft packages including Office 365, especially excel (advanced) and various accounting software skills (advanced). I currently work on Xero. I am resilient, driven, hardworking, a fast learner and have the ability to learn new systems and databases, and love to learn and improve myself and my skills. I am certain that I would be able to adapt well to your industry and am passionate to learn more.
My key strengths that would support my success in this position include:
· I am a highly motivated, enthusiastic, proactive self-starter who can manage my time well.
· I have high numeracy skills & a demonstrated history of producing a high level of accuracy in my work.
· High attention to detail and strong people, communication skills & sense of humour.
· I am honest, reliable, well-presented, approachable, cheerful, humble, friendly, and a team player.
· I am professional, organised, open-minded, analytical, and a fast learner. I can adapt to change & be flexible in the way I work & think & I can bounce back from setbacks & always maintain a positive attitude.
· I am keen to explore new skills as well as share the ones I have, and I am a willing participant in change and growth.
I would appreciate the opportunity to discuss my application with you & how I could use my skills to benefit your company. I am in Auckland, New Zealand and available for interviews in person & have work references and qualifications on hand that I can forward to you if required.