Splice Construction Limited
- Experienced Civil Construction Foreman
- Expand your leadership capability
- Ongoing career development opportunities
Splice Construction is an industry leader in civil construction works based in the Waikato. We have a busy forward work program and are looking for a Foreman with strong leadership skills to join our frontline team.
The role will involve leading construction crews and working closely with the Project Manager and Site Engineers to ensure our projects are delivered on time, to budget and completed to the highest quality our clients expect. You will be the Leader of the site crews, in charge of all the machines and the manpower behind them and be the go-to person to get the best from the team.
You will have good knowledge of construction methodology and standard specifications as well as proven experience in the construction of pavement layers.
If you are looking to take the next step in your career and expand your leadership capability managing an onsite crew on a day to day basis, setting goals and programming the days movements, then we want to hear from you!
Our work is spread throughout the Waikato/ Bay Of Plenty Area and includes a mix of Civil works, Drainage, Roading and Earthworks.
Skills / Requirements:
- Self motivated and proven ability to provide leadership and coordination of the civil crew and be willing to perform labouring duties as required
- Good knowledge of site safety and hazard management and apply leadership in Health and Safety
- Manage all quality assurance requirements and maintain accurate records of works undertaken
- Read and interpret plans and specifications accurately and be able to set-out and build to plan
- Current Full class 2 license & WTR, Class 4 with competent skills in roller, excavator and loader operations advantageous.
- Candidate must work well autonomously or in small and large crews, good morals/ethics, time management, and planning skills.
- Good understanding of road construction and stabilization, maintenance experience is advantageous, but not essential.
- Self-motivated with the proven ability to lead and motivate a team
- Mechanical aptitude and a good attitude towards care and maintenance of machinery
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with high attention to detail
Benefits and Perks
In return for your commitment, you will be working for a company that looks after its employees:
- The opportunity to upskill and progress through the ranks
- Work in a culture of established vision and values
- Work on exciting and challenging projects
- Operate modern and innovative machinery
- Competitive remuneration based on experience
- Company vehicle
- Ongoing career development through company paid training.
Applicants for this position should have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa. Must also pass a pre-employment drug and alcohol test
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org.